Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 2: My Personal Research Journey

Hello Colleagues! As a substitute teacher and future preschool teacher, I have had the amazing opportunity to work with students from different socioeconomic backgrounds. I have chosen to do further research on childhood poverty. Childhood poverty has a huge effect on a child's development and education. I have come face-to-face with poverty in the classroom. Consequently, it has had a long lasting effect on my relationships with children and their families. This is a sensitive issue that requires my immediate attention and action. I know there is so much that I can do to help alleviate the devastating effects of poverty in a child's journey to being a life long learner. I am still in the process of constructing the research chart. I'm sure this will be a roller coaster of professional development and new understandings in the course of building research competencies. I am also in the process of finding resources that I can share with all of you.  I welcome and appreciate any advice and insights any of you may have relating to childhood poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment