Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

EDUC 6162- Week 8: Final Blog Activity

I've had the time of my career exploring U.S. websites and International websites in the early childhood field. Although I haven't received a response from the 2 early childhood professionals, I spent a great deal of time exploring several websites, especially the NACCRRA (The National Association for Child Care Resources & Referrals Agency). I also enjoyed listening to the podcasts featuring the EC Professionals. They addressed goals, efforts and solutions for issues such as poverty, hunger, water instability, literacy, abuse and child rights.


As a result of learning about the international early childhood field, I have gained 3 amazing insights.
1. I share similar goals with the E.C. Professionals featured in the podcasts.
2. I have already donated over $50 to the Feed The Children Foundation.
3. I was able to learn about the efforts that activists took to ensure clean water for all children.


One goal that I am currently pursuing is developing a fundraiser to increase awareness of the importance of literacy for all!


The best part of  sharing my blog experiences is having the support of my colleagues and other early childhood professionals. I don't know where I'd be without my wonderful colleagues!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! You are head in the right direction working towards your professional goals. I’ve also like reading colleagues blogs and getting to know what is happening in different parts of the world. Viewing the early childhood field globally, it has helped me understand our field even more.

    Thank you,
    Andrea Cureton

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffiney,
      Your blogs have been very inspirational to me. I have learned a great deal from my colleagues during this assignment. I wish you great success as you continue to do work for children and their families.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tiffiney,

    I really enjoyed your post. The information that you posted was very on cue toward your professional goals in the early childhood field. I really wish you great success in your future.

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your post. It is wonderful to know that you are doing your part in stopping poverty. You have inspired me to do more with poverty in my community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffiney,

    It sounds like you have gained many wonderful insights throughout our course. I’m glad to hear that you have taken the time and money to support the cause of literacy for all. I have enjoyed being one of your colleagues and I wish you the best in your upcoming endeavors!

    Arica

    ReplyDelete