Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012




My Professional Hopes and Goals

When working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds, I have the hope of helping everyone succeed by creating an inclusive environment that allows everyone the satisfaction of being appreciated by others.

One of my goals for the early childhood field is making sure that all families have the resources they need to fully nurture their children. This is important because the parent/family/caregiver is the child’s first teacher and can make the largest impact on the child’s decisions.

I would like to thank my wonderful colleagues for sharing their experiences, ideas and insights related to equity, diversity and social justice. My colleagues have deepened my understanding of a variety of topics in the early childhood field!

3 comments:

  1. Tiffiney,
    I agree that the environment a teacher makes, can make or break a relationship with parents. My daughter had a Title 1 teacher this past year that was to be retiring at the end of the year and it showed. She was not friendly and accepting of these children's challenges with reading. It caused a lot of frustration for me as a parent. I believe that is really something that I will be considering at all times this school year and in the future, when dealing with the families of my students. It has been great working with you for the last 8 weeks. I wish you much continued success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffiney,
    It seems that we are all coming out of this particular course with a different perspective on our responsibility to others as early childhood professionals. I agree that we need to look beyond the needs of the child and really include the family in all that we do.
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and discussion contributions. Best wishes as you continue the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffiney,

    This course has made me think about the past and dream about my future as an early childhood professional. Your enthusiasm about the field and children has been a pleaure to discuss and read about.

    I wish you well.

    Anetria

    ReplyDelete