Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Saturday, December 15, 2012


Week 7: Start Seeing Diversity - Creating Art

On my journey to promoting anti-bias behavior I wrote a poem that accepts the visible and invisible uniqueness found in children and their families. Children can recite, sing and clap along. It is essential for Early childhood professionals to celebrate the different identities, abilities, and characteristics that are found in everyone.

 A Rainbow of Us!

Hello… Hallo…..Hola….Aloha…..Salut....

We are little…We are big

We are dark…We are bright

We are tall….We are short

We are silent…We are talkative

 

We eat chicken…We eat worms…We eat rice…We eat mice…

Crawling….Walking….Rolling….Skipping…

Learning ….Playing …Working ….Growing…

 

Together we stand as a blended family….

A blended family….A blended family

Happily Ever After…. we are free…

As long as we celebrate…you, me and my dog Hairee!




















4 comments:

  1. Tiffiney,

    This is a great song for children! Children are sure to like that the words are simple and that the styles repeat. I like that the song introduces diversity at a level children understand and encourage them to celebrate the differences. I also think the pictures you collected are good on the walls of the classroom.

    Aya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffiney,

    I enjoyed your song; this song is sure to capture the attention of young children. The most important thing it teaches children about diversity. Children need to see pictures to celebrate each other differences. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffiney,

    I enjoyed your poem. I like the way you incorporated the various way to say hello and make people able to fit in any of the catergories that they fall into. This poem touched some aspect of everyone's life.

    Erica Hines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffiney

    I love the diversity of your pictures and course how you included the different ways to say hello. Of course, I think it was very unique on how you talked about the different things that we at. Great creativity in your poem, I really enjoyed it and can actually see it in a book!

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete