Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Friday, December 21, 2012


Week 8: What I Have Learned

The journey of becoming an anti-bias educator has been a rewarding experience. I have been making a difference in the lives of people: 1 child at a time-1 family at a time, while simultaneously becoming a better person each day. The journey of modeling anti-bias behavior continues with several goals.

I have the hope that building stronger teacher-family partnerships will encourage more families to discuss topics that affect them.

I have the goal of teaching all children to use nonviolent strategies such as patience, honesty and confidence to respond to teasing and unfair treatment from others.

I want to thank all of my colleagues for sharing their experience with bias, stereotypes and prejudice and making the learning environment a meaningful place to grow for all professionals!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffiney,
    I really enjoyed your clipart pictures that told of how a strong teacher/parent/student connection will make a difference. With that message firmly planted, I think you will continue to make a difference in your profession!
    Hope to see you in the next class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffiney,

    I agree that teacher – family partnerships are important. By reading your hope, I noticed that I show me and my daughters’ Japanese aspects more to the people we are close to but I try not to show too much of that part of us in front of people who we do not know well.

    Thank you very much for sharing your insights and experiences through the course!

    Have great holidays!

    Aya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffiney,
    Our children have only their teachers to help guide them along the right path to become successful individuals. I cannot imagine myself doing anything else. I enjoy seeing the smile on their little faces and the happiness they show from within.
    Thanks for sharing your resources and inspiring comments. Hope to see you again in class. We are so close to reaching this goal.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffiney,

    Great Hope and goal. You are so welcome. Learning together is a great way to gain much knowledge and understanding. Great Semester, I gained much knowledge about myself. I wish you the best in future endeavors, I hope to discuss other issues with you next semester. Thanks for everything. Have a wonderful holiday.

    Erica Hines

    ReplyDelete