Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Saturday, March 2, 2013


Week 8: Reflecting on Learning

My journey of teaching and embracing diversity in the early childhood field is a life-changing experience. One hope that I have is continuing to meet diverse groups of people and learning as much as I can about them.  If every house was pink, the world would probably be a very boring place to live. Living in an anti-bias community is the complete opposite. As I continue advocating for equity and fairness in the early childhood field, I’d like to thank my professor and colleagues for sharing valuable experiences related to diversity and giving me the opportunity to see the world from different perspectives. Learning to teach Anti-bias education has changed my life because I know that I am making a difference in the lives of others---one child and one family at a time! What’s even better is knowing that there are so many others who are passionate about sharing this wonderful journey.

6 comments:

  1. Tiffiney,

    I hope to keep meeting various people and learning about them. I have noticed that anti-bias education became both for me as well as for other people even though I originally chose this program because I wanted to work for others.

    Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and insights. I hope your hope will come true!

    Aya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffiney,
    I completely agree with you that teaching an ant-biased curriculum has changed myself and those I have taught. I think we are going to see changes in our children! Acceptance is on the move!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffiney,
    This has been a life changing journey. This journey has made me to make some adjustments in my teaching styles and the way I view things. I really have enjoyed sharing posts with you and the other classmates. Best wishes to you.

    Erica Hines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tiffiney

    I love the picture that you posted. You are going to be a very powerful teacher in the future. I wish you good luck as anti-bias educator and thank you for the positive feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every child introduces us to something new. As an educator we continue learn from not only the formal education we receive but more importantly from the children we are teaching. Each child has something unique to give and I am glad to be part of what makes them unique. Good luck in your journey as an anti-bias educator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tiffney - Nice pics here on your blog. Be sure and give each post a title so we can easily distinguish it.

    Happy Tuesday!
    Dr. Teri

    ReplyDelete