Small Steps Early Childhood Blog

Welcome to Small Steps Early Childhood Blog. Visit as many times as you want.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 4: Being Evaluated As A Communicator

I found the experience of evaluating myself as a communicator very simple. I only looked at the positive things. I know that I am a great listener. I am also polite most of the time.  Having someone else evaluate me as a communicator was a bit challenging because I was able to look at myself from differing perspectives. The two people who evaluated me as a communicator pointed out two important weaknesses.
1. They found that I was extremely shy.
2. They also found that I was too passive and avoided participating in debates.

 Teachers should not be shy. Teachers should not be too passive because they are the voices of many children! After hearing their opinions, I agree that I have a long way to go in becoming an effective communicator!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffiney,

    Unlike you, I found the experience of evaluating myself very difficult because at times I am my biggest critic. To my surprise, the results from all three evaluations were within the same range. Do you agree with the results of your evaluations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....I do...There's plenty of space for improving my communication skills. Sometimes it's hard to accept the truth. However, it was very helpful to see how I was perceived by others.

      Delete
  2. Tiffiney,

    It was great to hear your perspective on being Shy. Often when in a large group the quiet one are the one taking the time to truly understand the information. As long are your are true to your self and your students the rest of the communication skills can be adjusted.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete